fizinfo - [Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Katalin Varjú, 15.11.2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium &/ online

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Katalin Varjú, 15.11.2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium &/ online

  • From: mcsete AT physx.u-szeged.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Katalin Varjú, 15.11.2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium &/ online
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 13:09:24 +0100

Seminar

Speaker: Prof. Katalin Varjú
Science Director, ELI ALPS Szeged

Title: Nobel Prize 2023; the physics of attosecond pulses

Date: 15 (Wednesday) November 2023, 3pm
Location/platform: SZTE TTIK FI Budó Ágoston auditorium & online
https://join.skype.com/HHm7LGq0xcDe

Abstract:
The 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics is for the study of the movement of electrons in atoms, molecules and matter in the condensed phase by means of attosecond spectroscopy. In this talk I will review the history - via science advancements - of the evolution of this research field, that led to the birth of attoscience, and some applications of the field in the recent years. I will also give a brief summary of the relevance of this Prize for ELI ALPS. I have had the pleasure of working and publishing with all three Laureates, so I can add personal flavour to introducing this topic.

Everyone is welcomed to attend.

Dr. Mária Csete

  • [Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Katalin Varjú, 15.11.2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium &/ online, mcsete, 11/14/2023