fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Naina Mukesh

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Naina Mukesh

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Naina Mukesh
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

PhD Preliminary DefenseNaina MukeshWigner RCP SZFIIntroduction of defects in
silicon carbide for quantum technologyTuesday, 24 October 2023, 10:00, KFKI
Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference RoomI will summarize the research that
I conducted as a PhD student to contribute to the development towards silicon
carbide based quantum sensors.Over the past ten years, the use of quantum
dots in clinical research has been dominated by materials that provide a high
risk of in vivo toxicity and approaches for decreasing application concerns
which has been recently rewarded Nobel-prize in chemistry in 2023.
Nevertheless, these quantum dots often consist of toxic elements that might
be detrimental for human therapy. On the other hand, bioinert diamond and
silicon carbide (SiC) nanoparticles represent appealing alternatives.
Fluorescent nanodiamonds have additional functionalities with the
nitrogen-vacancy color center which can be applied as a quantum sensor at
ambient conditions. Nevertheless, nitrogen-vacancy color center is often not
stable in molecular sized nanodiamonds where the size of the probes can be
important in monitoring the biological processes, and their magneto-optical
properties are not ideal for in vivo studies. Ádám Gali’s research group has
found that divacancy color center can be introduced into molecular-sized SiC
nanoparticles which can be principally used as a quantum sensor under ambient
conditions with favorable optical properties for biosensing. In my studies, I
used various methods to either directly introduce divacancy into porous SiC
by irradiation and annealing treatments or to maximize the concentration of
defects in SiC in the synthesis of SiC particles that can be used to form
divacancy defects after post chemical treatments. In my talk, I will briefly
show the methods that I used to prepare the SiC materials and to monitor the
critical defect concentrations in these SiC samples.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt
szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Naina Mukesh, Szeminárium koordinátor, 10/19/2023