fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar -- Wiphu Rujopakarn (National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT) ) -- Date: Oct 04, 2023 (Wednesday)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar -- Wiphu Rujopakarn (National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT) ) -- Date: Oct 04, 2023 (Wednesday)

  • From: Krisztián Vida <vidakris AT konkoly.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar -- Wiphu Rujopakarn (National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT) ) -- Date: Oct 04, 2023 (Wednesday)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 10:16:15 +0200

(Sorry if you got this message multiple times)

Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

CSFK CSI SZEMINÁRIUM / KONKOLY OBSERVATORY SEMINAR

Date: Oct 04, 2023 (Wednesday) 14:00

Wiphu Rujopakarn (National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand
(NARIT) ):
Introduction to the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand
(NARIT) and some recent results from JWST NIRCam surveys of the Hubble Ultra
Deep Field

This talk will cover two topics: NARIT and JWST survey results. Firstly, I
will introduce the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand
(NARIT). NARIT is a young institute of 15 years old, home to a workforce of
314 people, with the primary role of a national observatory — enabling and
promoting astronomical research in Thailand and supporting international
cooperation. We operate a 2.4-m optical telescope at the highest peak in the
country, a 40-meter radio telescope, and four robotic optical telescopes
around the world, and also serve as the headquarters of the Thai domestic
satellite development program. Research at NARIT spans from radio to
gamma-ray astronomy; from local star formation to z > 10 galaxies. Our
facilities are open to external proposers. We welcome an international
exchange of staff and students. Those interested in postdoc opportunities at
NARIT are invited to reach out. Secondly, I will talk about recent results
from the JWST NIRCam GTO surveys, entitled "JWST Advanced Deep Extragalactic
Survey". I will focus on the two aspects of my own expertise, the
dust-obscured structures of star-forming galaxies at z = 3 (e.g., Rujopakarn
et al. 2023) and high-z obscured AGN surveys (e.g. Maiolino et al. 2023). The
deluge of JWST results is formidable at the moment and this part of the talk
might be best an open discussion where we bring up particular results of
interest to the audience to discuss.

The seminar will be held live in the Detre hall with audience, but also
streamed online via Zoom. If you are unable to attend the presentation in
person, you can join us via this link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82806911982?pwd=SVZpT0syQ1J6dHBvSkF4N2dXNEQ0dz09
or the meeting ID: 828 0691 1982 and passcode: 206265

Everyone is welcome!

Krisztián Vida, Ramon Brasser
organizers
https://konkoly.hu/szeminar/szeminarium.shtml

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar -- Wiphu Rujopakarn (National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT) ) -- Date: Oct 04, 2023 (Wednesday), Krisztián Vida, 10/03/2023