fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Datz Dániel

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Datz Dániel

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Datz Dániel
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 06:00:02 +0200 (CEST)

PhD házivédésDatz DánielMTA Wigner FK SZFIExperimental and numerical
investigations of the near-field scattering of boron nitride based
nanomaterials2023. július 18. kedd, 10.00, KFKI Telephely, I. épület 1.
emeleti TanácsteremBoron nitride nanomaterials exhibit interesting optical
properties in the mid-infrared region. Near-field infrared spectroscopy opens
the way of probing these properties with 10-20 nm spatial resolution. This
method is especially suitable for the investigation of small molecules
encapsulated in boron nitride nanotubes. In this presentation, I show my
results on near-field probing of boron nitride nanotubes in different stages
of their filling process. First, the nanotubes have to be cleaned and their
caps opened. This process introduces various defects to the nanotube. I show
the defect structure of an isolated, multi-walled boron nitride nanotube,
demonstrating the nanoscale resolution on truly nano-sized scatterers. Then,
I demonstrate the possibility to investigate the products of chemical
reactions between encapsulated molecules in nano-sized cavities in boron
nitride nanotubes in-situ with 20 nm spatial resolution. The unique
dielectric properties of BNNT resonantly enhances the near field signal
allowing the detection of the signal of a small number of molecules.Lastly, I
present a theoretical description of the scattering process based on the
extension of the classical Mie theory. In this formalism, the electric field
is expanded as the linear combination of spherical harmonics centered around
the scattering particles. This so-called multipole reflection theory (MRT) is
able to describe the scattering properties of multiple particles in the
vicinity of an interface. I show the applicability of the multipole
reflection model for near-field calculations by applying it to measurements
of boron nitride materials.Join Zoom
Meetinghttps://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/81058498589?pwd=QkdRL0ZHN2ZxaGJTczNqRWYrSGJ5Zz09Meeting
ID: 810 5849 8589Passcode: 455606&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! -
Everyone is welcome to attend.Nagy Attilasem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Datz Dániel, Szeminárium koordinátor, 07/13/2023