fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Bo Fan

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Bo Fan

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Bo Fan
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 06:00:02 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarBo FanWigner RCP SZFIGranular flows: effects of grain shape,
surface friction and grain elasticity - PhD házi védésThursday, 15 June 2023,
10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference RoomGranular materials
such as sand, grains and powders are present in numerous aspects of our daily
life. Examples for granular flow are sand flow in an hourglass or tremendous
landslides. The collective behavior of many grains can be very complex and
often unpredictable. In this thesis, we focus on the influence of particle
properties, including the shape, surface friction and particle elasticity on
granular flow, and look for correlations between these factors and the flow
behavior. This allows us to deepen our understanding and knowledge of
granular materials in the flowing regime, which as a result, can be helpful
for future potential applications.[1] Wang, J.∗, Fan, B.∗, Pongó, T.∗, Harth,
K., Trittel, T., Stannarius, R., Illig, M., Börzsönyi, T., Cruz Hidalgo, R.
Soft Matter 17, 4282–4295 (2021)[2] Pongó, T. ∗, Fan, B. ∗, Hernández-Delfin,
D., Török, J., Stannarius, R., Hidalgo, R. C., & Börzsönyi, T. New Journal of
Physics, 24, 103036 (2022)∗ shared first authorship.Join Zoom
Meetinghttps://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/82015524602?pwd=YWJXRk5uNVJJS2xwREIzL0MvY2ROQT09Meeting
ID: 820 1552 4602Passcode: 498874 &nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! -
Everyone is welcome to attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Bo Fan, Szeminárium koordinátor, 06/10/2023