fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 1 Jun 2023-Reinhard M. Noack

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 1 Jun 2023-Reinhard M. Noack

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 1 Jun 2023-Reinhard M. Noack
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 13:37:50 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI Seminar
Reinhard M. Noack
(Philipps-Universität Marburg, host: Örs Legeza)
Finite Projected Entangled Pair States for the 2D Hubbard Model
I discuss our adaptation of the projected-pair-entangled-state (PEPS)
algorithm on finite lattices (fPEPS) for two-dimensional Hubbard models and
its application to the Hubbard model with nearest-neighbor hopping on a
square lattice. In particular, we formulate the PEPS algorithm using
projected entangled pair operators, incorporate SU(2) symmetry in all tensor
indices, and optimize the PEPS using both iterative-diagonalization-based
local bond optimization and gradient-based optimization of the PEPS. I
discuss the performance and convergence of the algorithm for the Hubbard
model on lattice sizes of up to 8x8 for PEPS states with U(1) symmetric bond
dimensions of up to D = 8 and SU(2) symmetric bond dimensions of up to D = 6.
Finally, I comment on the relative and overall efficiency of schemes for
optimizing fPEPS. ref.: https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2302.04192Thursday, 1
June 2023, 10:00
Wigner FK SZFI, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor auditorium
Language of the talk: English
All interested are welcome!
Attila Nagyszfi-seminar AT wigner.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 1 Jun 2023-Reinhard M. Noack, Szeminárium koordinátor, 05/31/2023