fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 30 May 2023-Börzsönyi Tamás

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 30 May 2023-Börzsönyi Tamás

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 30 May 2023-Börzsönyi Tamás
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 15:42:05 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI Seminar
Börzsönyi Tamás
(Wigner FK SZFI)
Does the hourglass always flow with a constant speed?
It is widely known that a granular material flows out of a container at a
constant speed. This is in contrast to the case of a liquid, where the flow
rate decreases with fill height, i.e. the flow rate correlates with the
pressure during the discharge process. Why do we have a constant flow rate
for a granular material? Can we change this by changing the surface friction,
the softness or the shape of the particles? In this seminar, we seek the
answer to these questions. T. Pongó, V. Stiga, J. Török, S. Lévay, B. Szabó,
R. Stannarius, R.C. Hidalgo and T. Börzsönyi: Flow in an hourglass: particle
friction and stiffness matter. New J. Phys. 23, 023001 (2021)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/abddf5/metaT. Pongó, B.
Fan, D. Hernández-Delfin, J. Török, R. Stannarius, R.C. Hidalgo and T.
Börzsönyi: The role of the particle aspect ratio in the discharge of a narrow
silo. New. J. Phys. 24, 103306 (2022)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/ac9923/meta Tuesday, 30
May 2023, 10:00
Wigner FK SZFI, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor auditorium
Language of the talk: English
All interested are welcome!
Attila Nagyszfi-seminar AT wigner.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 30 May 2023-Börzsönyi Tamás, Szeminárium koordinátor, 05/26/2023