fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELTE particle physics seminar - 9 May (fwd)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELTE particle physics seminar - 9 May (fwd)

  • From: Andras LASZLO <laszlo.andras AT wigner.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE particle physics seminar - 9 May (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 21:33:45 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 22:59:17 +0200 (CEST)
From: Daniel Nogradi <nogradi AT bodri.elte.hu>
To: Daniel Nogradi <nogradi AT bodri.elte.hu>
Subject: ELTE particle physics seminar - 9 May

Date/Time: 9 May, Tuesday, 14:15

Location: ELTE TTK, second floor, 2.54 Novobatzky room

Speaker: Janos Takatsy (Wigner)

Title: What neutron stars tell about the hadron-quark phase transition

Abstract:

The low temperature - high density part of the phase diagram is yet only
accessible through observations of neutron stars. The existence of quark
matter
inside the heaviest neutron stars has been the topic of numerous recent
studies,
many of them suggesting that a phase transition to strongly interacting
conformal matter inside neutron stars is feasible. We examine this hybrid star
scenario using various hadronic models, an effective constituent quark model
with three quark flavours, and applying a smooth crossover transition between
the two. We use astrophysical observations in a Bayesian framework to
constrain
the equation of state and parameters of our quark model and the crossover
phase
transition. Among other discoveries, we find that a peak in the speed of
sound,
exceeding the high density, conformal limit, is highly preferred, which might
suggest the percolation of hadrons at densities existing in heavy neutron
stars.

If you no longer would like to receive seminar announcements please send an
email to nogradi AT bodri.elte.hu and also if you know of someone who would like
get these emails please send me their addresses.

  • [Fizinfo] ELTE particle physics seminar - 9 May (fwd), Andras LASZLO, 05/06/2023