fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Invitation to a seminar -- Jamie Tayar (University of Florida) -- Date: Mar 30, 2023 (Thursday)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Invitation to a seminar -- Jamie Tayar (University of Florida) -- Date: Mar 30, 2023 (Thursday)

  • From: vidakris AT konkoly.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Invitation to a seminar -- Jamie Tayar (University of Florida) -- Date: Mar 30, 2023 (Thursday)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:17:55 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 mail.csfk.org 69FCA1E0E4D4B

Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

CSFK CSI SZEMINÁRIUM / KONKOLY OBSERVATORY SEMINAR

Date: Mar 30, 2023 (Thursday) 16:00

Jamie Tayar (University of Florida):
Red Giant Chemistry: Interactions, Interiors, and Galactic Evolution

Red giants can be great tracers of galactic chemical evolution since they can
be studied to large distances. However, the mixture of elements they were
born with can be altered over the course of their lifetimes due to creation,
destruction, and mixing. In this talk, I will discuss the current state of
our ability to get precise ages for these stars using asteroseismology, and
how they can be used to map galactic chemical evolution. I will discuss
observed changes in surface chemistry that occur at the first dredge up and
above the red giant branch bump, and our current understanding of the
physical mechanisms for these changes. Finally, I will discuss some of the
impacts that binary interactions can have on these abundances and whether
they can be used as one tracer of current or past binary interactions.

The seminar will be held online via Zoom. You can join us via this link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82806911982?pwd=SVZpT0syQ1J6dHBvSkF4N2dXNEQ0dz09
or the meeting ID: 828 0691 1982 and passcode: 206265

Everyone is welcome!

Krisztián Vida, Ramon Brasser
organizers
https://konkoly.hu/szeminar/szeminarium.shtml

  • [Fizinfo] Invitation to a seminar -- Jamie Tayar (University of Florida) -- Date: Mar 30, 2023 (Thursday), vidakris, 03/29/2023