fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Asbóth János

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Asbóth János

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Asbóth János
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:00:01 +0100 (CET)

SZFI SeminarAsbóth JánosBME Elm. Fiz. tanszék és Wigner FK Kvantumoptika és
Kvantuminformatika OsztályCoherent errors and readout errors in surface
codeTuesday, 28 March 2023, 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor,
Conference RoomThe surface code is the leading candidate for quantum error
correction. However, the level of protection it offers against coherent
errors, i.e., nonfluctuating phase rotations on the physical qubits, is not
well known. We consider[1] the combined effect of readout errors and coherent
errors on the surface code. We use a recently developed numerical approach,
via a mapping of the physical qubits to Majorana fermions[2]. We find a
threshold for this combination of errors, with an error rate close to the
threshold of the corresponding incoherent error channel (random Pauli-Z and
readout errors). Below the threshold, scaling up the code leads to the rapid
loss of coherence of errors on the logical level, but error rates that are
greater than those of the corresponding incoherent error channel. We also
vary the coherent and readout error rates independently, and find that the
surface code is more sensitive to coherent errors than to readout errors. Our
work extends the recent results on coherent errors with perfect readout [2]
to the experimentally more realistic situation where readout errors also
occur.[1]: A Marton and JK Asboth: Coherent errors and readout errors in
surface code, arXiv:2303.04672[2]: S Bravyi et al: Correcting coherent errors
with surface codes, npj Quantum Information, vol. 4, no. 55 (2018)Join Zoom
Meetinghttps://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/82652558110?pwd=b2FYYzdmYWJEcXFwbUhDRVR1YXN0Zz09Meeting
ID: 826 5255 8110Passcode: 181581 &nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! -
Everyone is welcome to attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Asbóth János, Szeminárium koordinátor, 03/23/2023