fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 28.

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 28.

  • From: Gábor Vattay <vattay AT gmail.com>
  • To: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 28.
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 12:03:51 +0100

Meghívó

a Kvantuminformatika Nemzeti Laboratórium
ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézeti csoportjának szemináriumára

Március 28. (kedd) 14:00

ELTE TTK Komplex Rendszerek Fizikája Tanszék
1117 Bp. Pázmány Péter ssétány 1/A, 5. emelet 5.128

Rakyta Péter (ELTE FI KRFT)
"Emulation of quantum computers via data-flow programming"

The large amount of data produced by the digital equipment surrounding our
daily life poses a challenge to incorporating advanced digital technology to
achieve real-time data elaboration.
While the traditional micro-controller solutions do not keep up with the
required data throughput, the more powerful CPU-based devices are excluded
due to the public demand to keep power consumption at a low level.
In turn, programmable microchips in which the digital signal processing is
spatially distributed over the area of the chip provide a viable solution
to fulfill both of these requirements. In my talk, I will briefly introduce
the FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) technology and demonstrate the
potential of the associated data-flow computational approach to emulate
quantum computers.
Also, I will introduce a novel, fully deterministic data-flow computing
chip manufactured by the AI startup Groq and designed to evaluate
neural networks efficiently. I will describe how such a chip can be used to
speed up calculations and how it can be programmed to emulate quantum gate
operations
on qubits. I will discuss the similarities and differences between these
devices and traditional CPU-based technology.

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk!
Vattay Gábor
Gábor Vattay <https://www.linkedin.com/in/vattay/> Phone/Signal:
+36308502614

  • [Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 28., Gábor Vattay, 03/23/2023