fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 14.

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 14.

  • From: Gábor Vattay <vattay AT gmail.com>
  • To: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 14.
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 10:46:39 +0100

Meghívó

a Kvantuminformatika Nemzeti Laboratórium
ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézeti csoportjának szemináriumára

Március 14. (kedd) 14:00

ELTE TTK Komplex Rendszerek Fizikája Tanszék
1117 Bp. Pázmány Péter ssétány 1/A, 5. emelet 5.128

Oroszlány László (ELTE FI KRFT)
"Electrically driven singlet-triplet transition in triangulene spin-1
chains"

Recently, graphene triangulene chains have been synthesized, and their
magnetic response has been analyzed by scanning tunneling microscopy
methods by Mishra et al. [Nature (London) 598, 287 (2021)]. Motivated by
this study, we determine the exchange bilinear and biquadratic constants of
the triangulene chains by calculating two-spin rotations in the spirit of
the magnetic force theorem. We then analyze open-ended, odd-numbered
chains, whose edge states pair up forming a triplet ground state. We
propose three experimental approaches that enable us to trigger and control
a singlet-triplet spin transition. Two of these methods are based on
applying mechanical distortion to the chain. We finally show that the
transition can be controlled efficiently by the application of an electric
field.

[1] Gabriel Martínez-Carracedo, László Oroszlány, Amador García-Fuente,
László Szunyogh, and Jaime Ferrer
*Electrically driven singlet-triplet transition in triangulene spin-1
chains*
Phys. Rev. B 107, 035432 – Published 25 January 2023

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk!
Vattay Gábor
Prof. Gábor Vattay, head of the department of
Physics of Complex Systems <https://physics.elte.hu/en/KRFT_home>, Eötvös
Loránd University

  • [Fizinfo] ELTE FI QNL Szeminárium március 14., Gábor Vattay, 03/09/2023