fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Nagy Dávid

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Nagy Dávid

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Nagy Dávid
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 06:00:01 +0100 (CET)

SZFI SeminarNagy DávidWigner RCP SZFIObservation of phase transitions in
cavity QEDTuesday, 28 February 2023, 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor,
Conference RoomThe talk overviews recent developments and presents the latest
experimental results achieved in the Quantum Optics Laboratory of Wigner
SZFI.A cloud of laser-cooled rubidium atoms is routinely transported into a
high-finesse optical resonator. The strong collective light-matter coupling
can be reached even at the limit where a single atom is weakly coupled to the
field. As a result, the atomic ensemble significantly alters the resonator's
transmission, which can then be used to monitor the dynamics of this
nonlinear quantum system. On the other hand, light inside the cavity pumps
the multilevel atoms into an uncoupled state via a critical runaway process.
With time-resolved measurements of the cavity output, we can track this
genuine dynamical transition and measure finite-size scaling relations of the
enhanced photon number fluctuations. By shining an additional repumper laser
on the atoms, the two phases of the coupled atom-cavity system can be
stabilized. They correspond to different hyperfine ground states of the
atoms, and only one of them is coupled to the cavity mode. Atoms being in
this latter state block cavity transmission, while the uncoupled state leads
to high transmission. We demonstrate experimentally that there is a
bistability region where the two phases coexist. We find a hysteresis in the
order parameter when either of the two control parameters is swept across the
bistability region. We interpret the phenomenon in terms of the recent
paradigm of first-order, driven-dissipative phase transitions. Join Zoom
Meetinghttps://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/87671456898?pwd=N3ZIU0VFekJQanB1NVV4YXNUM1A5Zz09Meeting
ID: 876 7145 6898Passcode: 682420&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! -
Everyone is welcome to attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Nagy Dávid, Szeminárium koordinátor, 02/23/2023