fizinfo - [Fizinfo] SZTE FI szeminárium meghívó, 2023. 02. 22. 15h, Budó Ágoston tanterem & online

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] SZTE FI szeminárium meghívó, 2023. 02. 22. 15h, Budó Ágoston tanterem & online

  • From: mcsete AT physx.u-szeged.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] SZTE FI szeminárium meghívó, 2023. 02. 22. 15h, Budó Ágoston tanterem & online
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 01:28:05 +0100

Szeminárium meghívó

Cím: Optics and training activities at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics-ICTP: photothermal spectroscopy and digital holography
microscopy

El?adó: Dr. Humberto Cabrera
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics

Id?pont: 2023. 02. 22. 15h, Budó Ágoston tanterem & online
https://join.skype.com/E3EfYa7ucqQt

Absztrakt:
Thermal lens spectrophotometry coupled with gel electrophoresis
represents a powerful tool for separation and detection of a wide range of
biomaterials. Still, it often requires prolonged procedure between detection
and separation, which can degrade the quality of obtained results. We
demonstrated an innovative miniaturized gel electrophoresis chip coupled
with thermal lens detection to monitor DNA surface coverage.
This system has a reduced buffer and gel volumes of 75 µL and 100 µL,
respectively. In our design, 13 nm AuNPs were biofunctionalized with DNA
molecules as well as with a mixed self-assembled monolayer of thiol
terminated ssDNA and of a thiolate terminated with an oligo ethylene glycol
moiety referred to as TOEG6. To validate the functionality of our system, we
monitored the electrophoretic mobility of conjugates and DNA-AuNPs with
different molar ratios to investigate the degree of DNA surface coverage
within four minutes. To further demonstrate the feasibility and
practicability of the system, we evaluated the separation capability on the
synthesized Fe3O4-Au core-shell nanoparticles. The findings showed that the
two populations of Fe3O4-Au core-shell and Fe3O4 particles were effectively
separated in less than five minutes, demonstrating a rapid assessment of the
nanomaterial quality.

Minden érdekl?d?t szeretettel várunk.

Dr. Csete Mária
Szeminárium koordinátor