fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

  • From: vidakris AT konkoly.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 10:00:00 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 mail.csfk.org C76C61D176D3E

Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

CSFK CSI SZEMINÁRIUM / KONKOLY OBSERVATORY SEMINAR

Date: Oct 13, 2022 (Thursday) 14:00

Ágnes Kóspál (Konkoly Observatory, CSFK, Hungary):
The 2022 outburst of EX Lup - a first look at the disk with the VLT and the
JWST

EXor-type variables, named after the prototype EX Lupi, are observable
examples of episodic accretion during star formation. In early 2022, EX Lupi
unexpectedly went into outburst. Our photometric monitoring suggests that
this event was much less violent than its extreme eruption in 2008, giving us
the opportunity to study quantitatively for the first time the effects of a
moderate accretion burst on the circumstellar disk. With this aim, we
obtained new ALMA, VLTI/MATISSE, VLT/XSHOOTER, and James Webb Space Telescope
data for EX Lup in 2022. In this talk, I will show preliminary results of our
analysis of these data. With ALMA we detected a plethora of molecular lines
both from complex organic molecules and from simpler species, with
tantalizing signs of deviations from Keplerian rotation. Accretion tracers at
optical and near-infrared wavelengths suggest that the accretion rate only
increased by a factor of few. Nevertheless, MATISSE and JWST revealed that
even such a moderate outb
urst could produce detectable amounts of crystalline silicates, which then
disappeared very quickly. Our JWST spectrum shows the warm molecular content
of the disk with unprecedented details, from molecules such as CO, H2O, HCN,
CO2, and C2H2. EX Lup is a good proxy for the proto-Sun and by studying its
outbursts, we might infer what could have happened during the early evolution
of the Solar System as well, including chemical and mineralogical effects on
the material available for planet formation.

The seminar will be held live in the Detre hall with audience, but also
streamed online via Zoom. If you are unable to attend the presentation in
person, The seminar will be held online via Zoom. you can join us via this
link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82806911982?pwd=SVZpT0syQ1J6dHBvSkF4N2dXNEQ0dz09
or the meeting ID: 828 0691 1982 and passcode: 206265

Everyone is welcome!

Krisztián Vida, Ramon Brasser
organizers
https://konkoly.hu/szeminar/szeminarium.shtml