fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

  • From: vidakris AT konkoly.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:30:00 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 mail.csfk.org DFB0710216604

Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

CSFK CSI SZEMINÁRIUM / KONKOLY OBSERVATORY SEMINAR

Date: Sep 29, 2022 (Thursday) 14:00

Réka Könyves-Tóth (Konkoly Observatory):
Pre-maximum spectroscopic diversity of superluminous supernovae

Recently it was shown that the pre-maximum evolution of hydrogen-poor
superluminous supernovae (SLSNe-I) is not uniform: they can be divided into
two new empirical subclasses characterized by the presence/absence of a
W-shaped absorption feature in their early phase spectra between 4000 and
5000 A. These new subtypes are called Type W and Type 15bn groups. However,
the physical reason behind the bimodality is still uncertain. In my
presentation, I intend to talk about our quest in searching for physical
differences between Type W and Type 15bn objects by modeling a series of
pre-maximum spectra of 27 SLSNe-I.

The seminar will be held live in the Detre hall with audience, but also
streamed online via Zoom. If you are unable to attend the presentation in
person, you can join us via this link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82806911982?pwd=SVZpT0syQ1J6dHBvSkF4N2dXNEQ0dz09
or the meeting ID: 828 0691 1982 and passcode: 206265

Everyone is welcome!

Krisztián Vida, Ramon Brasser
organizers
https://konkoly.hu/szeminar/szeminarium.shtml