fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Rohit Babar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Rohit Babar

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Rohit Babar
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarRohit Babar Linköping University (host: Barcza Gergely)Spin
centers in boron nitride and silicon carbide for quantum technology
applicationsTuesday, 10 May 2022, 10:00, Bldg 1, auditorium,
https://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/85242181421?pwd=MjFxTGNIR1ZFSHlXTlRaeWRhZVIrUT09
Meeting ID: 852 4218 1421 Passcode: 648715Spin centers in wide-bandgap
semiconductors have emerged as promising candidates for quantum
communication, storage, and sensing applications. The spin centers typically
comprise optically active intrinsic defects or dopant atoms in semiconducting
host, with the feasibility of spin coherent, bright emission, and stable
operation determined by the spin center-host interactions. The emergence of
spin centers in two-dimensional host represents a new milestone in nanoscale
sensing as the increased proximity to source could lead to high-resolution
sensors. In this talk, I will present the first-principles study of novel
spin centers in hexagonal boron nitride (hBN). We investigate the stability
and magneto-optical properties of boron vacancy pair in the neutral charge
state. This spin center is optically addressable with a long-lived memory,
and can serve as a sensor with an efficient coherence protection scheme
within a dense nuclear spin environment. Similarly, the tetramer carbon
clusters in hBN are identified as potential spin centers with zero phonon
line emission in the visible spectral range. Among bulk semiconductors, the
mature growth and implantation techniques for silicon carbide (SiC) have led
to controlled generation of spin centers. The negatively charged silicon
vacancy in 4H-SiC is a widely reported spin center, however, the source of
electron paramagnetic resonance and photoluminescence measurements close to
the vacancy remains unknown. Based on our combined theory and experiment
investigation, we attribute these signals to silicon vacancy perturbed by
neighboring carbon antisite. Lastly, we demonstrate the modification of spin
center properties in the presence of an extended defect. For the
divacancy-stacking fault complex in 4H-SiC, the distinct divacancy
configurations within the stacking fault show a large zero-field splitting.
This could potentially lead to development of robust spin centers by further
improving the coherence protection scheme achieved for basal divacancies in
4H-SiC. &nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to
attend.Róbert Juhászsem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Rohit Babar, Szeminárium koordinátor, 05/05/2022