fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Vukics András

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Vukics András

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Vukics András
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 06:00:01 +0100 (CET)

SZFI SeminarVukics AndrásWigner RCP SZFIFinite-size scaling and thermodynamic
limit of a first-order dissipative phase transition in zero dimensionTuesday,
29 March 2022, 10:00, Bldg 1, auditorium,
https://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/92964941243?pwd=TU9rTi8xRHRBMTBUbXUwUzZNVExydz09
Meeting ID: 929 6494 1243 Passcode: 955720I present our studies over the
last several years related to the photon-blockade breakdown (PBB) effect,
occurring most simply in a coupled system of a bosonic mode and a two-level
system. Having been identified as a first-order dissipative phase transition
in a thermodynamic limit where the coupling between the subsystems goes to
infinity without affecting the system size [1] (hence the designation
zero-dimensional), PBB was studied in a finite-size scaling approach [2],
with finite-size scaling exponents determined numerically. I describe the
experimental studies where we participated from the theoretical/computational
side. PBB was first observed in a circuit QED platform [3], and the
thermodynamic limit can also be modeled with artificial superconducting atoms
[4]. I present our computational technology – involving on the software side
quantum-trajectory simulations implemented in a high-level C++ framework [5],
and on the hardware side a virtual cluster in an OpenStack cloud environment
(ELKH cloud).[1] H. J. Carmichael, Phys. Rev. X 5, 031028 (2015).[2] A.
Vukics, A. Dombi, J. M. Fink, P. Domokos, Quantum 3, 150 (2019).[3] J. M.
Fink, A. Dombi, A. Vukics, A. Wallraff, and P. Domokos, Phys. Rev. X 7,
011012 (2017).[4] R. Sett, F. Hassani, D. Phan, Sh. Barzanjeh, A. Vukics, and
J. M. Fink, in preparation.[5] A. Vukics, Comp. Phys. Comm. 183, 1381-1396
(2012). https://github.com/vukics/cppqed&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen
látunk! - Everyone is welcome to attend.Róbert Juhászsem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Vukics András, Szeminárium koordinátor, 03/24/2022