fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 8 Mar 2022-Varró Sándor

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 8 Mar 2022-Varró Sándor

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 8 Mar 2022-Varró Sándor
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 08:21:17 +0100 (CET)

SZFI Seminar
Varró Sándor
(Wigner FK SZFI, ELI-ALPS)
Displacement and squeezing transitions in very-high-order multiphoton
processes
In many recent investigations on light-matter interactions the theorist
should possibly use exact solutions of the equations of motion, since
perturbation theory does not give satisfactory agreement with the
experiments. In quantum electrodynamics and in quantum optics, at the most
fundamental level, the equations of motion contain linear and quadratic
interaction terms. These terms can often be eliminated by performing the
displacement and/or squeezing transformation. On the basis of such a
technique, recently we have built up a general scheme for treating
very-high-order multiphoton processes, like high-harmonic generation [1]. The
transition probabilities are determined by the matrix elements (between
photon number eigenstates) of the displacement and squeezing operators, which
have to be superimposed according to the photon statistics of the inducing
field. In the course of this study, it was a surprise for us that in the
enormous literature on ‘non-classical states and squeezing’, which has
accumulated during the last more than eight decades, the matrix elements of
the squeezing operator (a special generator of Bogoliubov transformations)
have not been published in a compact and usable, classical polynomial form.
Recently, we have derived such a compact expression in terms of Gegenbauer
polynomials [2], and we have used it to describe the effect of photon
statistics on various quantum transitions. Among some illustrative
applications of our analytical results, we shall discuss the multiphoton
excitations in the field of a ‘pedestal’ (or ‘pre-pulse’) stemming from
amplified spontaneous emission from a parametric amplifier.[1] Varró S,
Quantum optical aspects of high-harmonic generation. Photonics 8, 269 (2021).
[https://doi.org/10.3390/photonics8070269 ]. [2] Varró S, Coherent and
incoherent superposition of transition matrix elements of the squeezing
operator. J. Phys. Conf. Ser. (2022). E-print: arXiv: 2112.08430
[quant-ph].Tuesday, 8 March 2022, 10:00
Bldg 1, auditorium,
https://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/92490328041?pwd=aW9tT005N3JDSWNXcFNrTUZHNUt5UT09
Meeting ID: 924 9032 8041 Passcode: 211664
Language of the talk: English
All interested are welcome!
Róbert Juhászszfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 8 Mar 2022-Varró Sándor, Szeminárium koordinátor, 03/03/2022