fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Péter László

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Péter László

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Péter László
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 06:00:01 +0100 (CET)

SZFI SeminarPéter LászlóWigner RCP SZFIMy adventures in physico-chemical
materials scienceTuesday, 1 March 2022, 10:00, Bldg 1, auditorium,
https://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/99942976765?pwd=VnZOaFNLckZHdGJxc2dGRGhxYnl0UT09
Meeting ID: 999 4297 6765 Passcode: 075210In this talk, I try to offer an
insight into various fields of experimental materials research that I was
involved in the last couple of years. Instead of diving too deep into either
of the topics touched, I strive for a comprehensive overview. In the first
part of the talk, activities related to electrodeposition will be detailed. A
significant part of the works in the last decade was related to the study of
the microstructure of electrodeposited Ni-based materials (Ni and Ni-Mo
alloys). Although the deposition of such metals itself is not a novelty, this
work was pioneering in the sense that trends related to the defect structure
of electrodeposited metals were first established by using deposits prepared
in our laboratory. I will focus on the role of solution components in the
formation of defects such as twins and dislocations in relation to the grain
size and the thermal stability of the deposits. Another
electroplating-related study was the optimization of the deposition of 57Co
isotopes. This application-oriented study served the goals of Mössbauer
spectroscopy. In the second part of the talk, the operation of the new
scanning electron microscope of the institute will be detailed. After
presenting the way how it gained importance since the installation, a few
interesting slides with peculiar images will be shown. The topic selected for
a detailed insight will be, however, not based on the images; instead, it
will be related to the quantitative description of the composition profile of
welded metals obtained with SEM-EDS. This will exemplify that the routine in
the instrument operation is only the basis that has to be exceeded to make
real science.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome
to attend.Róbert Juhászsem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Péter László, Szeminárium koordinátor, 02/24/2022