fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

  • From: Balog Janos <balog.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, rmkiusers AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:09:09 +0200

Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
Tisztelettel meghívjuk

Neelkamal Mallick
(India)

"Event shape dependence of azimuthal anisotropy and application of machine learning tools in heavy-ion collisions at the LHC using a multi-phase transport model"

címmel tartandó szemináriumára.

Kivonat:

Recently, event shape observables such as transverse
spherocity, has been studied successfully in small collision systems at
the LHC as a tool to separate jetty and isotropic events. In this work,
we have performed an extensive study of charged particles' azimuthal
anisotropy in heavy-ion collisions as a function of spherocity for the
first time using a multi-phase transport (AMPT) model. We have used the
two-particle correlation (2PC) method to estimate the elliptic flow for
different centrality classes in Pb-Pb collisions at sNN−−−√=5.02 TeV for high spherocity, spherocity-integrated and low
spherocity events. It is found that transverse spherocity successfully
differentiates heavy-ion collisions’ event topology based on their
geometrical shapes i.e. high and low values of spherocity. The high-
spherocity events are found to have nearly zero elliptic flow while the
low spherocity events contribute significantly to elliptic flow of
spherocity-integrated events. In the absence of experimental
explorations in this direction, we have implemented the ML-based
regression technique via Gradient Boosting Decision Trees (GBDTs) to
estimate spherocity distributions in Pb-Pb collisions at 5.02 TeV c.m.
energy by training the model with experimentally available event
properties. This ML-model also estimates the impact parameter in heavy-
ion collisions. Throughout this work, we have used final state
observables as the input to the ML-model, which could be easily made
available from collision data. Our method seems to work quite well as
we see a good agreement between the simulated true values and the
predicted values from the ML-model.