fizinfo - [Fizinfo] FPL Seminar - Iman Ziaeian - Investigation of cross sections of Be4+ and ground state hydrogen atom collisions in the thermonuclear fusion plasmas using classical models

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] FPL Seminar - Iman Ziaeian - Investigation of cross sections of Be4+ and ground state hydrogen atom collisions in the thermonuclear fusion plasmas using classical models

  • From: Réfy Dániel <refy.daniel AT ek-cer.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] FPL Seminar - Iman Ziaeian - Investigation of cross sections of Be4+ and ground state hydrogen atom collisions in the thermonuclear fusion plasmas using classical models
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 13:17:32 +0200

FPL Seminar

Iman Ziaeian (ATOMKI, DE) - Investigation of cross sections of Be4+ and
ground state hydrogen atom collisions in the thermonuclear fusion plasmas
using classical models

abstract:

Investigation of cross sections of Be4+ and ground state hydrogen atom
collisions in the thermonuclear fusion plasmas using classical models

I Ziaeian(a),(b), K Tőkési (a)

(a) Institute for Nuclear Research (Atomki), 4026 Debrecen Bem tér 18/c,
Hungary

(b) Doctoral School of Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, University
of Debrecen, P.O. Box 400, H-4002, Debrecen, Hungary

In recent decades, reactors such as the International Thermonuclear
Experimental Reactor (ITER) have taken a significant step in supplying energy
cleanly and safely by developing power plants whose energy is produced due to
the nuclear fusion process. Due to the unique thermophysical properties and
low atomic number, beryllium is defined as a plasma-facing material.
Therefore, it plays a key role in the wall structure of next-generation
fusion reactors. On the other hand, impurities are one of the main problems
in controlled thermonuclear fusion plasmas. As a common plasma impurity, Be
ions also play a role in the loss of radiant energy that causes the plasma to
cool when colliding with the primary plasma components such as neutral
hydrogen atoms. To determine the Be impurities in the plasma, knowledge of
the cross section for various channels of interaction such as ionization,
electron capture, excitation, and state-selective electron capture is very
important.

The standard three-body classical trajectory Monte Carlo method (CTMC) cannot
compete with quantum calculation in many aspects because of lacking the
quantum feature of the collisions [1]. Therefore, we developed a three-body
quasi-classical Monte Carlo model taking into account the quantum features of
the collision system, where the Heisenberg correction term is added to the
standard three-body classical trajectory Monte Carlo model [2]. In our
research work, we use both the standard CTMC and the QCTMC-KW models to show
the ionization [3], electron capture [3] , excitation [3], and
state-selective cross sections in Be4+ and H(1s) collisions [4-6]. The
calculations were performed in the impact energy range between 10-1000
keV/amu. We show that the QTMC-KW model may have an alternative of the
quantum-mechanical models providing the same results with maybe low
computation efforts [7].