fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kocsis Vilmos

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kocsis Vilmos

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kocsis Vilmos
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 06:26:02 +0100 (CET)

SZFI SeminarKocsis VilmosCenter for Emergent Matter Science, RIKEN (host:
Asbóth János)Electric field control of magnetization and the magnetoelectric
effect in Y-type hexaferrite single crystalsMonday, 6 January 2020, 10:00,
KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference RoomMagnetoelectric materials
have the potential to enhance the high reliability of magnetic memory devices
with higher speed and ultra-low power consumption. In the trigonal Y-type
hexaferrites, the magnetoelectric properties are attributed to the so-called
FE3 phase with co-existing ferrimagnetic and ferroelectric orders. In the
Al-doped Y-type hexaferrite, (Ba,Sr)2Co2Fe11AlO22, the FE3 phase can be
stabilized as a metastable state close to room temperature, as shown by
former neutron diffraction and magnetic field induced polarization
measurements. In this presentation, we demonstrate that by appropriate
chemical doping the FE3 phase can be fully stabilized, as a further step
towards room temperature magnetoelectric memory devices. The ferrimagnetic
and ferroelectric domains have considerable coupling even at room
temperature, and the direct (P-H) and inverse (M-E) magnetoelectric effects
have been observed up to room temperature. Using magnetic force microscopy,
manipulation of the magnetic domain pattern for the application of electric
field is directly visualized. We have found that the magnetization switching
is realized via the propagation of two kinds of domain walls; parallel and
perpendicular to the applied electric field. Using the combination of high
electric and magnetic fields, we have also investigated the isothermal
switching between two ME states of the FE3 phase. We discuss these new
findings in terms of a possible way to evaluate the stability of the ME state
in multiferroic materials.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone
is welcome to attend.Róbert Juhászszfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kocsis Vilmos, Szeminárium koordinátor, 01/01/2020