fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 29, Lévay Péter

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 29, Lévay Péter

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, Martini Erzsébet, Liza <martini.erzsebet AT mail.bme.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 29, Lévay Péter
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 13:50:46 +0100

Meghívó

BME Elméleti Fizika Szeminárium,

november 29. péntek 10h15,

1111 Budapest, Budafoki út 8., BME F III. magasföldszint 01.,
Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriumi szoba

Lévay Péter (BME TTK, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék):

Scanning spacetime with patterns of entanglement

In theories of emergent gravity and holography the classical geometry of
spacetime is arising from entanglement patterns of states of a conformal
quantum field theory (CFT) living on its boundary. Using the AdS/CFT
correspondence in this talk we elucidate how boundary entanglement patterns
of the CFT vacuum are encoded into the bulk via the dynamics of a cluster
algebra.

For a subdivision of the boundary into n parts the conditional mutual
informations of overlapping boundary regions are mapped to triangulations
of geodesic
n-gons of the bulk. Such triangulations are mapped to tilings of kinematic
space with causal diamonds. In this picture cluster dynamics is just a
scanning of kinematic space by a seed pattern of such diamonds. We show
that the space of all such tilings forms an associahedron, an object also
known form recent studies of the theory of the S-matrix. Finally we observe
that the flips relating the tilings are reminiscent of errors in an error
correcting code.

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

Asbóth János
szemináriumi koordinátor

  • [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 29, Lévay Péter, Janos Asboth, 11/26/2019