fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 8, Nagy Máté

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 8, Nagy Máté

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 8, Nagy Máté
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 08:16:49 +0100

Meghívó

BME Elméleti Fizika Szeminárium,

november 8. péntek 10h15,

1111 Budapest, Budafoki út 8., BME F III. magasföldszint 01.,
Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriumi szoba

Nagy Máté (Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior, Dept. of Collective
Behaviour, Konstanz; Dept. of Biology, and Centre for the Advanced Study of
Collective Behaviour, Uni. Konstanz; MTA-ELTE Statistical and Biological
Physics Research Group, Budapest):

Group coordination, decision-making and collective sensing – and a new
Lendület research group

Recent technological developments allow studying group behaviour in
unprecedented details and on a variety of spatial and temporal scales. New
analytical methods and quantitative tools support the understanding of the
huge datasets produced by these measurements, providing an insight and
fascinating results related to group coordination, decision-making and
collective sensing in groups of pigeons, rats, dogs, storks and humans.
I will also outline my plans and the line of research of the Collective
Behaviour Lendület Research Group which will start in December 2019. The
research will mainly, but not exclusively concentrate on collective
migration and more specifically, the collective thermal soaring of birds.
Our goals are to get biological insight into the collective aspects of wild
birds’ thermalling by using high resolution measurements from autonomous
soaring drone(s) flying near them. We are aiming for a realization of
highly efficient autonomous bio-inspired thermalling drones, which will
have enormous potential in applications (wildlife monitoring, search and
rescue, etc.).

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

Asbóth János
szemináriumi koordinátor

  • [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, nov 8, Nagy Máté, Janos Asboth, 11/06/2019