fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Ódor Géza

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Ódor Géza

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Ódor Géza
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 06:26:02 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SzemináriumÓdor GézaMFA (vendéglátó: Juhász Róbert)Critical
synchronization dynamics of the Kuramoto model on connectome and small-world
graphs2019. október 29. kedd, 10.00, KFKI Telephely, I. épület 1. emeleti
TanácsteremThe hypothesis that cortical dynamics operates near criticality
suggests that it exhibits universal critical exponents, marking the Kuramoto
equation, a fundamental model for synchronization, as a prime candidate for
an underlying universal model. We determined the synchronization behavior of
this model by solving it numerically on a large, weighted human connectome
network, containing 836 733 nodes, in an assumed homeostatic state. Since
this graph has a topological dimension d < 4, a real synchronization phase
transition is not possible in the thermodynamic limit, still we could locate
a transition between partially synchronized and desynchronized states. At
this crossover point we observe power-law-tailed synchronization durations,
with exponents away from experimental values for the brain. However, below
the transition point we found control-parameter dependent exponents,
overlapping with the range of human brain experiments. I shall also compare
these results with those obtained for Erdős-Rényi random networks and 2D
lattices with additional long-range links, making them small-world
graphs.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to
attend.Juhász Róbertszfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Ódor Géza, Szeminárium koordinátor, 10/24/2019