fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, okt 11, Varjas Dániel

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, okt 11, Varjas Dániel

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, okt 11, Varjas Dániel
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 18:21:46 +0200

Meghívó

BME Elméleti Fizika Szeminárium,

október 11. péntek 10h15,

1111 Budapest, Budafoki út 8., BME F III. magasföldszint 01.,
Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriumi szoba

Varjas Dániel (Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, TU Delft):

Topological invariants and perturbation theory in disordered and mesoscopic
systems using the kernel polynomial method

We present new algorithms based on the kernel polynomial method, that allow
us to study the topology and response of samples with more than 10^7
degrees of freedom. We calculate topological invariants of bulk disordered
insulators, such as alloys, quasicrystals, and amorphous systems. In
particular, we apply our method to the mirror Chern number using an
atomistic model of PbSnTe alloy and tighten the critical concentration for
the phase transition. We also develop the hybrid kernel polynomial method,
which allows accurate and efficient treatment of both subgap and continuum
states. We use this approach to improve the computation of supercurrent and
inductance in a Josephson junction, and the construction of perturbative
effective Hamiltonians describing the interaction of spin qubits defined in
a two dimensional electron gas.

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

Asbóth János
szemináriumi koordinátor

  • [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, okt 11, Varjas Dániel, Janos Asboth, 10/08/2019