fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 26 Sep 2019-Wei-Wei Zhang

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 26 Sep 2019-Wei-Wei Zhang

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 26 Sep 2019-Wei-Wei Zhang
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 15:52:25 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI Seminar
Wei-Wei Zhang
(University of Sydney, host: Kiss Tamás)
Quantum topology identification with quantum walks and deep neural network
Topological quantum materials are a promising platform for topological
quantum computation and the design of novel components for quantum computers.
A priority and necessary condition for both the discovery of novel
topological quantum systems and the analysis of novel topologically protected
edge modes is the identification of topological invariants for quantum
matters. We have shown that continuous-time quantum walks governed by a
two-dimensional spin-orbit lattice Hamiltonian can reveal transitions between
topological phases, and the corresponding experimental implementation with
ultra-cold atoms. In this talk, I will present a universal automatic method
for topology identification which first combines quantum walks and Deep
Neural Network. Considering the well developed experimental technologies for
quantum walks and the great learning ability of deep neural network, our work
enables the efficient discovery and analysis of novel topological materials
and therefore the design of a practical quantum computer.[1]
https://arxiv.org/abs/1811.12630[2]
https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.121.250403[3]
https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.119.197401Thursday,
26 September 2019, 10:00
Wigner FK SZFI, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor auditorium
Language of the talk: English
All interested are welcome!
Róbert Juhászszfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 26 Sep 2019-Wei-Wei Zhang, Szeminárium koordinátor, 09/24/2019