fizinfo - [Fizinfo] FFK-2019: International Conference on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants, 10-14 June 2019, Tihany, Hungary

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] FFK-2019: International Conference on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants, 10-14 June 2019, Tihany, Hungary

  • From: Dezso HORVATH <horvath.dezso AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: "Tihany, Hungary FFK Conference 2019" <ffk.tihany AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • Cc: fizinfo <Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] FFK-2019: International Conference on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants, 10-14 June 2019, Tihany, Hungary
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 16:28:54 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Colleagues,

We should like to attract your attention to the fact that registration and abstract submission to the International Conference on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants (FFK-2019) will close in two weeks time, 15 May 2019. The conference will take place on 10-14 June 2019 in the spectacular resort town Tihany at the very shore of the Hungarian Lake Balaton. For all details: venue, programme, registration, organization committee, transportation and accomodation see the home page http://indico.cern.ch/e/ffk-2019.

We expect the participants to arrive on Sunday, 9th May and we shall provide two buses at the Budapest Airport to bring the participants to Tihany, and also two buses to bring them back to the Airport, one on Friday at 2 p.m. and another Saturday morning 8 a.m. For the preliminary transportation schedule see https://indico.cern.ch/event/643043/page/10727-travel. For those who want to leave earlier we recommend the local taxi service, sharing a cab will get you to Budapest at a reasonable price.

The conference will cover a broad variety of topics related to precision physics and fundamental constants, which range from particle physics and astrophysics to atomic physics and metrology. It follows the line of the previous conferences of this series held last in Stara Lesna, St. Petersburg, Dubna, Budapest and Warsaw (see our home page for links). The official language of the conference will be English.

The conference will serve as a part of the programme of the Hungarian Eötvös year, devoted to the rich scientific and cultural heritage of Baron Roland von Eötvös at the occasion of the 100th anniversary of his passing. As his most famous result was an extremely precise measurement of Earth's gravitational effects using his famous Eötvös pendulum, FFK-2019 will have special sessions devoted to gravity measurements.

The registration to FFK-2019 is open until 15 May. Please come to Tihany, June is already high holiday season at the Lake Balaton. As Tihany is a famous resort place, it has several hotels nearby, especially in Balatonfüred. The guest house on site is fully booked by the registered participants except for a 6-bed apartment which can be used by students.

Please let us know if you need an official invitation by our institute, the Wigner Research Centre for Physics for obtaining a visa Hungary. Please submit your abstracts in due course so that the organizing committee could compose the final programme of the conference.

We apologize if you receive this message more than once.

With best regards yours,

Dezso Horvath
on behalf of the local organizers

  • [Fizinfo] FFK-2019: International Conference on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants, 10-14 June 2019, Tihany, Hungary, Dezso HORVATH, 05/02/2019