fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 12 Mar - Iglói Ferenc
- From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
- To: Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 12 Mar - Iglói Ferenc
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 06:26:02 +0100 (CET)
- Authentication-results: smtp2.kfki.hu (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) reason="pass (just generated, assumed good)" header.d=wigner.mta.hu
WIGNER SZFI Seminar
Quantum relaxation and metastability of lattice bosons with cavity-induced long-range interactions
Wigner RCP SZFI
Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room
The coupling of cold atoms to the radiation field within a high-finesse optical resonator, an optical cavity, induces long-range interactions which can compete with an underlying optical lattice. The interplay between short- and long-range interactions gives rise to new phases of matter, including supersolidity and density waves, and interesting quantum dynamics.
In this talk it is shown that for hard-core bosons in one dimension the ground state phase diagram and the quantum relaxation after sudden quenches can be calculated exactly in the thermodynamic limit. Remanent density-wave order is observed for quenches from a density-wave ground state into the superfluid phase below a dynamical transition line. After sufficiently strong superfluid to density wave quenches beyond a static metastability line density-wave order emerges on top of remanent superfluid order, giving rise to a dynamically generated supersolid state. Our method to handle infinite- and short-range interactions in the infinite system size limit opens a way to solve exactly other Hamiltonians with infinite- and short range interactions as well.
 B. Blass, H. Rieger, G. Roósz and F. Iglói, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 095301 (2018)
 F. Iglói, B. Blass, G. Roósz and H. Rieger, Phys. Rev. B 98, 184415 (2018)
Everyone is welcome to attend.
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu
- [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 12 Mar - Iglói Ferenc, Szeminárium koordinátor, 03/07/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.