fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Bordacs Sandor eloadasa a BME-n, jan 14, 14:15

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Bordacs Sandor eloadasa a BME-n, jan 14, 14:15

  • From: Andras Palyi <palyi AT mail.bme.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Bordacs Sandor eloadasa a BME-n, jan 14, 14:15
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:38:18 +0100

Kedves Kollegak,

Az MTA-BME Egzotikus Kvantumfazisok kutatocsoport szeminariumsorozatanak
kovetkezo eloadasa:

Bordacs Sandor (BME)
"Detection of Antiferromagnetic Domains by Optical Magnetoelectric Effect"

Kivonat: "One of the main motivation behind the current interest in
magnetoelectric materials is that they can be building blocks of low-energy
consumption nonvolatile memory devices. In this talk, I will demonstrate that
simple optical absorption spectroscopy can be used to identify
magnetoelectric (ME) antiferromagnetic (AFM) domains of LiCoPO4. In case of
the THz spin-wave excitations this unusual contrast arising from the optical
magnetoelectric effect as confirmed by our microscopic model, which also
captures the characteristics of the observed static ME effect. Since these
domains and the absorption difference are also present in zero magnetic field
it may promote the development of ME memory devices based on AFM insulators."

Idopont: januar 14., hetfo, 14:15
Helyszin: BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariumi szobaja (F epulet, III.
lepcsohaz, magasfoldszint)

Udvozlettel,
Palyi Andras

  • [Fizinfo] Bordacs Sandor eloadasa a BME-n, jan 14, 14:15, Andras Palyi, 01/10/2019