fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 15 Jan - Kyungwha Park
- From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
- To: Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 15 Jan - Kyungwha Park
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 06:26:01 +0100 (CET)
- Authentication-results: smtp2.kfki.hu (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) reason="pass (just generated, assumed good)" header.d=wigner.mta.hu
WIGNER SZFI Seminar
Proximity Effects on Topological Surface States in Topological Insulators and Semimetals from First Principles
Dept of Physics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Tuesday, 15 January 2019 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room
Topological insulators and topolgical semimetals have drawn a lot of attention due to topological invariants and resultant topologically protected surface states, as well as due to applications for spintronics, thermoelectrics, and quantum computing. Various heterostructures involving topological materials have been built such as II-VI semiconductor, Bi bilayers, graphene, boron nitride, ferromagnetic insulator, and ferromagnetic metal interfaced with topological insulator, to name a few. In the heterostructures it is critical to understand how the topological surface states are influenced by various interfaces. The topological surface states can be coupled to bulk-like states or two-dimensional quantum-well states at the interface. Charge transfer may occur between the topological insulator and a non-topological substrate or overlayer at the interface.
I will present effects of non-magnetic and magnetic interfaces on the characteristics of the surface-state Dirac cones in topological insulator Bi2Se3, using first-principles calculations, and compare with experiment. I will also discuss effects of asymmetric charge transfer on a thin Dirac semimetal film from first-principles calculations.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu
- [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 15 Jan - Kyungwha Park, Szeminárium koordinátor, 01/10/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.