fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba <tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:05:57 +0100

M E G H Í V Ó - I N V I T A T I O N

Seminar Series of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the

András Vukics
(Wigner Research Institute)

Of atomic clocks

In this introductory talk, I first sketch the history and applications of time standards, and then give an
overview of the theory, history, practice, and typical applications of atomic clocks up until the
present-day primary frequency standards. Thereupon I introduce the novel optical clocks that are to
replace the contemporary microwave standards, and the novel applications enabled by these future
standards. The talk is inspired by the new “quantum” SI, to be enacted in the near future, which I will
also sketch at the end of the talk.

Időpont: 2018. november 23. péntek, 10:15
Helyszín: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék,
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsőház, szemináriumi szoba