fizinfo - [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 20 Nov - Vukics András

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 20 Nov - Vukics András

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 20 Nov - Vukics András
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 06:26:02 +0100 (CET)

WIGNER SZFI Seminar

Of atomic clocks

Vukics András
Wigner RCP SZFI

Tuesday, 20 November 2018 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room

In this introductory talk, I first sketch the history and applications of time standards, and then give an overview of the theory, history, practice, and typical applications of atomic clocks up until the present-day primary frequency standards. Thereupon I introduce the novel optical clocks that are to replace the contemporary microwave standards, and the novel applications enabled by these future standards. The talk is inspired by the new “quantum” SI, to be enacted in the near future, which I will also sketch at the end of the talk.

Everyone is welcome to attend.

János Asbóth
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 20 Nov - Vukics András, Szeminárium koordinátor, 11/15/2018