fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: prof. Gérard Mourou (DER-IZEST, École Polytechnique, France)
Cím: Extreme lights from ELI and beyond - Science of high-energy, single-
cycled lasers

Időpont: 2018. július 25., 11 óra
Helyszín: az ELI-Alps konferenciaterme, Szeged, Budapesti út 5.

Az előadás összefoglalója:
An existing CPA high power laser pulse such as a commercially available PW
laser could be readily converted into a single-cycled laser pulse in the 10PW
regime without significant loss of energy through the compression. We will
describe a way to attain this goal heralding a new set of fascinating
applications to science, including medicine, environmental and material
science. These include a laser ion accelerator, called single-cycle laser
acceleration (SCLA), and bow wake electron acceleration. In addition, in the
X-ray regime, single-cycled laser pulses may be readily converted through
relativistic compression into a single cycled, X-ray laser pulse. We argue
that it could be the quickest and very innovative way to ascend to the EW
(Exawatt) and zs (zeptosecond) regime. In this talk we will cover the
generation of single-cycled pulse and its numerous and revolutionary
applications.

A szeminárium angol nyelvű. Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk.

  • [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium, vera.horvath, 07/19/2018