fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Pályi András előadása a BME-n

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Pályi András előadása a BME-n

  • From: Miklós Werner <wernermiklos AT gmail.com>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Pályi András előadása a BME-n
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 09:44:42 +0200

A BME-MTA Egzotikus Kvantumfázisok csoport következő szemináriuma:

*Pályi András (BME)*
"Floquet spectroscopy of a driven charge qubit with a microwave resonator"

*Időpont és helyszín:*
*2018. június 11. 14:15*
BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriumi szoba (F épület, 3. lépcsőház,
magasföldszint)

*Kivonat:*
"Spectroscopy is a widely used experimental technique to probe quantum
systems. It is used to measure, for example, energy differences, transition
matrix elements, level populations, and level lifetimes. Most often it is
used to probe systems in thermal equilibrium. Floquet spectroscopy is a
non-equilibrium generalization, where the studied quantum system is out of
equilibrium because it is excited by a time-periodic driving field. What
can we learn about such a non-equilibrium system by doing spectroscopy? In
this talk, I will discuss this question through an actual experiment, where
the driven quantum system is a single electron confined in a double quantum
dot, driven by a time-periodic gate voltage, and this system is probed by
the electric field of a superconducting microwave resonator. In contrast to
optical setups, this microwave arrangement allows to study the
strong-driving limit, where the drive strength is comparable to or larger
than the level splitting of the quantum system. By comparing experimental
data to results from a simple theoretical model, I will show that Floquet
spectroscopy can be used to measure quasienergy differences as well as
transition matrix elements. Our results demonstrate the usefulness of this
non-equilibrium generalization of spectroscopy, and raise a few further
fundamental questions which I also plan to discuss in the talk. "

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

A szemináriumsorozat további programja:
http://physics.bme.hu/seminar_eqp?language=en

Üdvözlettel,
Werner Miklós Antal

  • [Fizinfo] Pályi András előadása a BME-n, Miklós Werner, 06/07/2018