fizinfo - [Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 22 May - Dávid Földes

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 22 May - Dávid Földes

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: seminar AT szfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 22 May - Dávid Földes
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 07:54:44 +0200

*WIGNER SZFI Seminar*
Preparation and characterisation of new metal-organic frameworks

*Földes Dávid*
MTA Wigner FK SZFI

Tuesday, 22 May, 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room

Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) are high-porosity crystalline materials. On
the basis of their composition they are the coordination polymers of
transition metals and rare earths. Due to their unusual supramolecular,
optical and magnetic properties MOFs became the most intensively studied
family of the chemical materials sciences of the beginning of this century.
MOFs consist of two major building units: metal-containing clusters
(Secondary Building Units, SBUs) form the nodes and organic groups form the
edges. The combination of more than 200 nodes and 5000 possible edges forms
a great number of frameworks with different topologies and sizes. The most
known class of MOFs is the prototype basic zinc terephthalate (MOF-5) and
its dicarboxylate analogues, the so called isoreticual structures (IRMOF
series) with same primitive cubic (pcu) underlying network topologies. The
aim of my doctoral work is the preparation and structural studies of new
members of this family. I have used two organic precursors,
cubane-1,4-dicarboxylic acid and spiro[3.3]heptane-2,6-dicarboxylic acid.
The former has been expected to form high pore size crystals while the
latter may form chiral pore systems, suitable for the separation of racemic
mixtures. Until now, I succeeded in the preparation of six new cubane
compounds and a racemic form of a new spiroheptane derivative. Among the
new cubane-containing MOF structures there are high pore-size frameworks,
multiply interpenetrating frameworks and a double-layer structure with new
underlying topology. After showing the new materials, I will discuss the
structure and the adsorption properties of the basic zinc cubane-1,4
dicarboxylate in details.

Everyone is welcome to attend

Asbóth János
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 22 May - Dávid Földes, Janos Asboth, 05/17/2018