fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
- From: Bence Kocsis <bkocsis AT caesar.elte.hu>
- To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
- Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE GALNUC Seminar
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 01:22:06 +0200
Monday, April 23, 2018, 4:00 p.m.
Eotvos Lagymanyos campus, Pazmany Peter s. 1/A, room 3.139
speaker: *Gergely Mathe* (ELTE)
Statistical Physics of Gravitating Systems III.
We will continue our discussion of the statistical physics of gravitating
systems. For star clusters surrounding a supermassive black hole, the phase
space distribution reaches a steady state in the 2-dimensional subspace of
angular momentum directions. We will summarize our new results using
different methods including mean field theory, Monte Carlo Markov Chain,
and time dependent N-body simulations. Depending on the distribution of
semimajor axes, these systems admit a phase transition in the canonical
ensemble, but show a smooth transition in the microcanonical ensemble.
However, we highlight an idea which suggests that a two-component system
may exhibit a phase separation in the microcanonical ensemble.
Everyone is welcome!
- [Fizinfo] ELTE GALNUC Seminar, Bence Kocsis, 04/10/2018
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- [Fizinfo] ELTE GALNUC Seminar, Bence Kocsis, 04/23/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.