fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELTE Astrophysics Seminar on Tuesday, April 24, 15:00

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELTE Astrophysics Seminar on Tuesday, April 24, 15:00

  • From: Bence Kocsis <bkocsis AT gmail.com>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE Astrophysics Seminar on Tuesday, April 24, 15:00
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:24:30 +0200

*ELTE Astrophysics Seminar *Tuesday, April 24, 15:00, room 3.139

Dennis Burgarella (Marseille)

*Title: *Evolution of galaxies over cosmic times from a multi-wavelength
perspective

*Abstract: *Galaxies are complex objects that contain stars, gas, dust and
active galactic nuclei (AGN).
These complex objects therefore show a complex emission that traces the
various physical processes
occurring in the galaxies. We know that galaxies evolved and we want to
understand how they form
and evolve. To this aim, we need to observe galaxies in the local universe
which are the final (so far)
product of their evolution but we also need to detect and identify them in
the early universe.
This talk will present some of the efforts (past, present and future)
dedicated to this early galaxy quest
and how we are developing tools to measure and model their emission over
the electromagnetic spectrum.

Everyone is welcome!

Bence Kocsis

  • [Fizinfo] ELTE Astrophysics Seminar on Tuesday, April 24, 15:00, Bence Kocsis, 04/20/2018