fizinfo - [Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 10 Apr - Szarvas Tamás

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 10 Apr - Szarvas Tamás

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: seminar AT szfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 10 Apr - Szarvas Tamás
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:29:30 +0200

*WIGNER SZFI Seminar*
Simulation of electromagnetic wave propagation in
structured dielectrics

*Szarvas Tamás*
BME, Department of Atomic Physics (host: Kis Zsolt)

Tuesday, 10 April 2018 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference
Room

I will give an introduction to Computational Electromagnetic Methods on
structured grids. Four different methods will be shown: Finite Difference
Time Domain method, Finite Difference Frequency Domain method, Method of
Lines, and the Rigorously Coupled Wave Approximation. We have applied these
methods for the simulation of electromagnetic wave reflection from a
special, T-shaped groove grating [1]. I will discuss how to optimize
parameters for various applications, such as broad band dielectric mirrors,
band filters, dichroic beam splitters.
I will also present a novel method for the description of second order
nonlinear propagation ofelectromagnetic waves: the Non-Linear Finite
Difference Frequency Domain method [2]. We have applied this method to
various nonlinear structures, such as nonlinear homogeneous crystals,
Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate crystal, and two-dimensionally
structured nonlinear materials. Using this method, we have simulated Second
Harmonic Generation in an array of nonlinear cylinders.

[1] T. Szarvas, Zs. Kis, “Optimization of a T-shaped optical grating for
specific applications,” Optical Engineering 55(7), 077103 (2016).
[2] T. Szarvas, Zs. Kis, “Numerical simulation of nonlinear second harmon
ic wave generation by thefinite difference frequency domain method,” JOSA B
35(4), 731-740 (2018).

Everyone is welcome to attend.

János Asbóth
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] [Seminar] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 10 Apr - Szarvas Tamás, Janos Asboth, 04/05/2018