fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELTE GALNUC Seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELTE GALNUC Seminar

  • From: Bence Kocsis <bkocsis AT caesar.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE GALNUC Seminar
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:39:46 +0200

GALNUC Seminar

Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 4:00 p.m.
Eotvos Lagymanyos campus, Pazmany Peter s. 1/A, room 3.139

speaker: Alexander Rasskazov (ELTE)

*The rate of GW capture of stellar-mass BHs*

One of the possible origins of BH mergers is the so-called gravitational
wave capture when two single BHs have a close encounter and form a binary
due to GW emission. In a project I'm currently finishing, I calculate the
rate of such events in galactic nuclei focusing on the effect of dynamical
friction.

Everyone is welcome!