fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba <tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 16:24:22 +0100

M E G H Í V Ó - I N V I T A T I O N

Seminar Series of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the

Vancsó Péter

(Centre for Energy Research, Hungarian Academy of Sciences)

Novel spintronic device concept based on the magnetic
edge state in graphene nanoribbons

Graphene nanoribbons (GNRs) have been proposed as potential building blocks for field effect transistor (FET). In this seminar, we present a novel zigzag GNR device concept, enabling the control of both charge and spin signals, integrated within the simplest three-terminal device configuration. Using an experimentally validated theoretical model [1], we show that the applied gate voltage can dynamically open and close an interaction gap due to the strong interplay between the band structure and edge spin configuration. These transistors can switch at low voltages and high speed up to 50% spin polarization of the current by using the same back gate electrode [2]. Besides the graphene, in this seminar we will also discuss the edge spin properties of molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) another two-dimensional material.

[1] G. Zs. Magda, X. Jin, I. Hagymási et al., Nature 514, 608-611 (2014)
[2] P. Vancsó, I. Hagymási, L. Tapasztó, 2D Materials 4, 024008 (2017)

Időpont: 2018. március 23. péntek, 10:15
Helyszín: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék,
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsőház, szemináriumi szoba