fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 11:55:11 +0100

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézet
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

2017. november 8.
szerda, 11.00

Haryanto Siahaan

Wigner RCP

"Introduction to Hawking Radiation in the Tunneling Pictures"

In classical gravity, a black hole is a thermodynamically dead ob-
ject where everything is absorbed but nothing is emitted. However,
this leads to a paradox related to the second law of thermodynamics.
In 1975, Hawking showed that black holes radiate, and this process is
known by Hawking radiation. This Hawking radiation can only be under-
stood if we incorporate quantum mechanics into the consideration. In
this talk, we give a pedagogical introduction to the Hawking radiation
by using tunneling pictures, namely the radial null geodesic and complex
path methods. We find that these methods are easier to be understood
and lead to the same result that Hawking obtained four decades ago
using quantum field theory in curved background.

1117, Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A, Északi tömb 2.54
honlap: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz

  • [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium, StatFizSzeminar, 11/03/2017