fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Brunner Kristóf előadása: 2017.11.06, 11:00, Wigner FK, Médiaterem

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Brunner Kristóf előadása: 2017.11.06, 11:00, Wigner FK, Médiaterem

  • From: Dezso HORVATH <horvath.dezso AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo <Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>, Magyar CMS-csoport <cms AT lists.kfki.hu>, Wigner FK RMI NFO <rffo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Brunner Kristóf előadása: 2017.11.06, 11:00, Wigner FK, Médiaterem
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 17:33:32 +0100 (CET)

Dear Colleagues,

The next Budapest-Debrecen-CERN talk of the Hungarian CMS group will be given on Monday, 6th November at 11:00 in the Media room of Wigner RCP (KFKI, Building 2, 1st floor) by

Kristóf Brunner (Wigner RCP):

"Behind the scenes at CERN: slow extraction from the SPS and attempts to improve its efficiency"

ABSTRACT:

Particle accelerators are standard tools of high energy physics. The large accelerator infrastructures provide particle beams to the experiments as a kind of service, and details of the technologies, devices, and the physics of the beam manipulation often times remain hidden even to the experimental physicists. I will overview the CERN SPS slow extraction system towards the fixed target experiments, discuss its difficulties and present our efforts to improve its efficiency.

As usual, the talk will be posted at the Indico category of our meetings: https://indico.cern.ch/category/8677/ and broadcasted via Vidyo in the virtual videoconferencing room "Budapest-Debrecen_meetings" (ext. 10593817). Everybody is welcome to join. We shall post the direct joining link in the indico page. Usually there are connections to the videoconferencing rooms of the Department of Atomic Physics of ELTE, Budapest and of the Institute of Nuclear Research (Atomki) in Debrecen.

If nobody needs English for the presentation the talk will be given in Hungarian.

Cheers: Dezső

  • [Fizinfo] Brunner Kristóf előadása: 2017.11.06, 11:00, Wigner FK, Médiaterem, Dezso HORVATH, 10/31/2017