fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba <tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 17:57:11 +0200

M E G H Í V Ó - I N V I T A T I O N

Seminar Series of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the

Antal Jakovác
(Department of Atomic Physics, Eötvös Loránd University)

Quantum Measurement Theory: a Functional
Renormalization Group perspective

In the talk I review the problem of quantum measurement theory from the point of view of quantum mechanics, quantum field theory and functional renormalization group. Using the quartic scalar model spontaneous symmetry breaking as a prototype of a measurement, I suggest an interpretation of the quantum measurement based on renormalization group perspective. I will also discuss some famous quantum measurements and paradoxes.

Időpont: 2017. október 20. péntek, 10:15
Helyszín: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék,
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsőház, szemináriumi szoba