fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Amitesh Paul előadása: Structural and magnetic correlations in emergent materials - Wigner FK rendkívüli szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Amitesh Paul előadása: Structural and magnetic correlations in emergent materials - Wigner FK rendkívüli szeminárium

  • From: Laszlo Bottyan <bottyan.laszlo AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Amitesh Paul előadása: Structural and magnetic correlations in emergent materials - Wigner FK rendkívüli szeminárium
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:12:43 +0100 (CET)

WIGNER Fizikai Kutatóközpont

Rendkívüli SZFI-RMI Szemináriuma

2017. január 9-én, hétfőn, 14:00-kor
Az KFKI campus I. épület Tanácstermében

"Structural and magnetic correlations in emergent materials"
címmel.

Előadó: Amitesh PAUL (TU München Fizika Tanszék)
(Vendéglátó: Bottyán László)

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

ABSTRACT

I will discuss some general aspects of structural and magnetic correlations that can be accessed by various neutron and x-ray scattering techniques at low angle. Among several emergent systems investigated, I will focus on an exchanged coupled prototypical system under various conditions of field cooling. Some important correlations aspects will also be discussed with respect to non-magnetic nano-structures of different dimensions. I will introduce the case of topologically stabilized spin configurations like helices in the form of planar domain walls with magnetic functionalities in transition metal/rare-earth systems. Realization of such spin configurations opens up the opportunity for scientific and technological applications in increasing the energy density for all-spin-based systems. Finally, important correlations aspects will also be discussed with respect to rare-earth/rare-earth systems where we predict the existence of magnetic vortex-like domains associated with magnetic helical ordering within the layers.

Az előadó honlapja: http://www.sces.ph.tum.de/en/people/staff/dr-amitesh-paul/

  • [Fizinfo] Amitesh Paul előadása: Structural and magnetic correlations in emergent materials - Wigner FK rendkívüli szeminárium, Laszlo Bottyan, 01/06/2017