fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:15:40 +0200

Előadó: Lécz Zsolt
Cím: Short Wavelength Radiation in Laser-Plasma Interactions

Időpont: 2016. július 1. 9 óra
Helyszín: Szeged, Tisza Lajos krt. 85-87.

Az előadás kivonata:
Interaction of relativistically intense laser pulses with matter involves
highly nonlinear processes and produces energetic charged particles and
photons with unique properties. Numerous mechanisms have been identified for
ion acceleration or for high harmonic acceleration, but their efficiency is
usually very low. Our primary goal is to increase the energy conversion
efficiency from laser pulse into higher harmonics. The synchrotron radiation
emitted by relativistic electrons oscillating in magnetic undulators is a
powerful source of short wavelength X-ray radiation. Electrons oscillate at
the laser-plasma interface as well, where they have complicated trajectory and
can emit synchrotron-like coherent or incoherent radiation, depending on the
plasma density and surface structure. In this work we investigate such
interactions with solid density cylindrical targets or flat foils equipped
with nanorods or microdots on their surfaces. In the presentation we show
results of 2D/3D particle in cell simulations, which are helpful tools in
modeling of such non-linear phenomena.

A szeminárium angol nyelvű. Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk.

  • [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára, vera.horvath, 06/30/2016