fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:38:30 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

27th April 2016
Wednesday, 11 a.m.

Francisco González Montoya

Instituto de Ciencias Físicas,
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Cuernavaca,
School of Mathematics, University of Bristol, UK

"A generalization of a hyperbolic periodic orbit"

The hyperbolic periodic orbits play an essential role in our understanding of
the dynamics in the two degree of freedom Hamiltonian systems. The reason is
that the stable and unstable manifolds of these orbits are unpenetrable
barriers
which divide the constant energy manifold. In the three degrees of freedom
systems there exists a natural generalization of the hyperbolic periodic
orbits,
the Normally Hyperbolic Invariant Manifolds (NHIM). As an example we
construct a
NHIM in the phase space of the motion of an electron in a magnetic dipole
field.
An important property of the NHIMs and their stable and unstable manifolds is
that they are robust under perturbations. In this talk we explain, in a basic
way, why those manifolds are robust under perturbations.

Room 2.54
1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A (Northern Block)
home page: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz

  • [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, StatFizSzeminar, 04/01/2016
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, StatFizSzeminar, 04/22/2016