fizinfo - [Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Kormos Márton

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Kormos Márton

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, seminar AT szfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Kormos Márton
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:57:32 +0100

WIGNER SZFI SZEMINÁRIUMKORMOS MÁRTON

(BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék, vendéglátó: Legeza Örs)
"Non-equilibrium dynamics of one dimensional quantum systems"

Időpont: 2016. január 19. (kedd) 10:00 (1 óra)
Hely: MTA Wigner FK SZFI, I. épület 1. emeleti Tanácsterem
Összefoglaló:

In the first part of my talk I will briefly discuss the recent intensive
activity in the research of the out of equilibrium behavior of quantum
many-body systems. Then I will report results on the time evolution of
correlation functions after quantum quenches in the sine-Gordon model which
is relevant for on-going cold atom experiments with interfering one
dimensional condensates. The results are obtained by a simple and intuitive
semiclassical approach which is expected to yield accurate results for
small and slow quenches and can be applied in other systems as well. In the
last part of the talk I will turn to quenches in an Ising quantum spin
chain and show that the general light cone spreading of correlations and
the corresponding linear growth of the entanglement enropy in time can
break down in systems where particles get "confined" into bound states.
This is the first example for the breakdown of the light cone scenario in a
clean system with short range interactions.

*Részletes információ:* http://www.szfki.hu/seminar
Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!

Asbóth János
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Kormos Márton, Janos Asboth, 01/15/2016