fizinfo - [Fizinfo] 2016. 01. 05. kedd, Tóth L. Dániel, Kvantumoptika és kvantuminformatika szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] 2016. 01. 05. kedd, Tóth L. Dániel, Kvantumoptika és kvantuminformatika szeminárium

  • From: Kiss Tamás <tkiss AT szfki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo <Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] 2016. 01. 05. kedd, Tóth L. Dániel, Kvantumoptika és kvantuminformatika szeminárium
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 20:53:18 +0000

MTA Wigner FK SZFI
Kvantumoptika és kvantuminformatika
szeminárium

2016. 01. 05. kedd, 13:00

Hely: MTA Wigner FK SZFI,
Budapest, Konkoly-Thege Miklós u. 29-33.
I. épület 1. emeleti Tanácsterem

Tóth L. Dániel
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)

“The reversed dissipation regime in circuit electromechanics”

Abstract:

Cavity optomechanical phenomena, such as cooling, amplification, or
optomechanically induced transparency, emerge due to a strong imbalance in
the dissipation rates of the parametrically coupled electromagnetic and
mechanical resonators. In my talk I will introduce the concept of the
reversed dissipation regime, in which the mechanical energy relaxation rate
exceeds that of the electromagnetic cavity. This regime allows for
mechanically induced amplification (or cooling) of the electromagnetic mode
with minimal added noise and a large gain-bandwidth product. We report on
the experimental progress towards a multimode superconducting
electromechanical circuit realization of the RDR, show how the optical
susceptibility can be changed on-demand in this regime and analyze the
added noise, gain and bandwidth of the amplifier. We also demonstrate that
above a certain threshold the system behaves as a maser and compare it to
the normal dissipation regime above the parametric instability point.

Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!

Kiss Tamás

  • [Fizinfo] 2016. 01. 05. kedd, Tóth L. Dániel, Kvantumoptika és kvantuminformatika szeminárium, Kiss Tamás, 01/01/2016